Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tinted Sunscreen/Moisturizer

Hi friends!

As you all know, Dr. Love is the main man in my life, and while I love him to bits, there is a new doctor that I'm pretty smitten with recently. Who you ask? (I'm sure Dr. Love is curious to know too :).) While I'd rather keep this new love a secret, I guess I'll share it with you all, as you are my dear friends.

The new doctor in my life is none other than beauty and skin-care brand Dr. Brandt! (Sigh of relief from Dr. Love, hehehe). Recently, I was doing some online research about the best sunscreens out there and came across Dr. Brandt Flexitone BB Cream. Most of the reviews were positive, so I decided to give it a go and boy am I happy I did. [NOTE: I am not being compensated in any way for this review and anything stated herein is my individual opinion as a result of purchasing, trying, and loving the product.]



Have you ever tried a new skin care product that actually makes your skin feel better during and after wear than before you used it? Well, that is exactly what this product has been doing for me. When I read through the reviews online, I noticed that some people commented about the chalky color of the product (it comes in one color that is supposed to adjust to your skin tone), the difficulty they had spreading the product onto their skin, and the breakouts they experienced from using the product. As a result, I was initially hesitant to buy it. However, I came across a good amount of positive reviews that dissipated any concerns I had and motivated me to try it out.

And boy am I happy I did! While the product is a little difficult to apply (I apply my regular moisturizer first, then apply the product on top...you may also be able to combine some of your moisturizer with the product before application to water it down a little), you get used to the fast drying speed and learn to spread it out faster once you've applied it to your skin. I mentioned concerns about the color of the product, and while it does appear to be a grayish color when squeezed out of the tube, it actually turns into a much warmer tone on the skin. In all honesty, the final color is a bit more pinkish tan than my actual skin tone, but it's definitely not chalky on me.

Finally, not only does the product not make me breakout, but it actually clears whatever breakouts I'm experiencing at the time. I have tested it out three times now on days when I have blemishes and each time, my skin is clearer at night time when I wash the product off then in the morning before I applied it. Amaze-balls!!!

Here's my one complaint about the product (and this may just be something I have to deal with when using a skin product with SPF in it)...my face becomes pretty shiny when I have it on. As a result, I dab on some pressed powder over it to matte out my look. I also use blotting paper throughout the day to keep the oiliness at bay.  Oily skin is pretty annoying, but the oiliness that this product creates on my skin is easy to manage.

Other than that, I have to say, I'm totally crushing on Dr. Brandt and the way he it makes me my skin feel and look. It moisturizes, lightly veils, and provides sun protection, while providing my skin with anti-aging and brightening vitamins and minerals. Also, I'm sort of in love with the name ("BB"), as that is the nickname one of my good friends calls me by...it's as if the product was made for me. Like a poem written by a lover, or a sketch drawn by an admirer...but, you know, a dermatologist's version of romance.

My final verdict...this is a welcome addition to my makeup/skin-care routine and I recommend it to all you peeps (especially if you're looking for a lighter alternative to thick foundation in the summertime)!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment