Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fallin' In Love

Sorry to disappoint, but this post has nothing to do with Dr. Love. I know, I know...disappointing...

But wait! This post does have 100% to do with my current obsession with all things fall.  I have been picking up various fall essentials and showstoppers in the past weeks that I cannot wait to wear! I have also been checking the weather daily praying to come across an expected rainstorm. I'm pretty sure that I'm the founder and only member of the "please please please let it rain!" club. I was just sharing with Dr. Love that my one dream purchase in life (if I was to suddenly become a baller) would be an automated rain machine that I would have installed above our house. Then I could stop stalking www.weatherchannel.com and just click a button...and voila...there would be rain. No luck so far on becoming a baller or on the rain pouring down naturally. Although, today, I saw five little drops fall on the window. Stupid sky teasing me.

Okay, so I can't control the rain (yet!), but I can control whether or not I feel fall-y. How you ask? It's easy. In addition to adding some seasonal attire to my wardrobe, I have also been sporting some autumn appropriate nail polish shades.

Here are my fall/winter faves:

Essie "Forever Yummy", OPI "You Don't Know Jacques", OPI "Siberian Nights", and OPI "Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ"

"Forever Yummy"...my fav polish of all, regardless of season.

"Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ"...what I currently have on.

Last weekend, Dr. Love and I went to our friends' 10 year anniversary party, which took place outdoors on a night that was a bit chilly (woohoo!!! getting there slooooooowwwwly). So I pulled out my favorite trench, added some brass and burnt orange accessories, and pretended like it was fall.
Please excuse our old tv monitor behind me...time to get the old guy onto Craigslist and out of my living room.

One last thing that I just love love love...and that has nothing to do with fall (for all you fall haters...crazy people)...is the AMAZING smell of fresh basil. 



 A few minutes ago, I was out on the patio tending to the plants when I saw and pinched off a few damaged basil leaves. And now, my friends, my fingers smell amazing!!! I may never wash them again...oh wait, I have to pee...sad.

I leave you now with a little flashstormback.  Enjoy :)



x

2 comments:

  1. Love the nail polish selection (I am totally saving the names :p)....love your red lipstick and trench coat, looking gorgeous as always....and your basil plant looks amazing - so impressive! Miss you, xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara!!! We purchased the red lipstick together, remember? Fun times! x

    ReplyDelete