Wednesday, August 22, 2012

In Full Bloom

Hi friends,

Hope you all had a great weekend, Monday and Tuesday, and that your Wednesday is going well too!

Dr. Love and I had a wonderful family time packed weekend which was capped off with a party at our house on Sunday with all of my fam and Dr. Love's parents and bro-yo.

The whole weekend was so much fun and Sunday was the perfect end to it. While everyone has gone back home now, I still have the following beauties to enjoy in their absence. (Although, I wish I had photographed them a few days ago when they were at the height of their beauty...they're a little past their prime right today).

Tulips c/o moi.


My faves, hydrangea c/o of moi.

The most beautiful fuschia orchid plant c/o my uncle's mom.



I am kicking myself hardest for not capturing these beauties in their prime. Beautiful long stem roses c/o my step-dad.


Beautiful lush plant c/o Dr. Love's parents. 

While I was the hostess on Sunday, my family gave the "mostess". Aside from the many beautiful flowers that we received, we were showered with the most amazing gifts ever (I'm pretty sure I have the full Arthur Court Grape set now...my favorite that I've been collecting for years!!!!) Also received a stunning set of Waterford wine glasses and a beautiful antique candle-holder.  Silly, generous family...don't you know that your company is more than enough for me?!  Thank you and love you all!!

Hopefully, my outdoor plants will look as stunning as my indoor plants as soon as the heat wave we're experiencing dies off. It has seriously been way too hot for this girl. I'm really really really looking forward to fall weather, and more importantly, fall fashion. :)

How about you guys? What season is your favorite, and why?

x

 

4 comments:

  1. Fall is definitely my favorite for a few various reasons.
    1) It's my birthday season.
    2) I love fall fashion, its not too cold so I am not stuck in a jacket all day but its just cold enough so I can wear boots and cute sweaters.
    3) Maybe it's because I am just finishing being a student, but there is an exciting feeling of the 'new year' every fall and I love the feeling of new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the boots!! I cannot wait to bundle up in a light sweater, skinny jeans/leggings, and boots and re-explore the town with a coffee in hand. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, burgundy!!! One of my fav fall colors.

    ReplyDelete