Friday, August 24, 2012

A Few Pages A Day Keeps Illiteracy At Bay

Hi friends!

So my fam and I had a great time in the sun last weekend:

With my wonderful aunt.

Pool time with my cousin, Mali.

With 2 of my cousins.

Happy times with cousins and aunts.

Only for sweet Mali :)

Cooling off in the pool with my fam (bro in background).

Had such a great time with all of my fam this past weekend. I can't wait to carry-on the good times with my cousins when we begin our next book in our book club series. Yes, we are nerds. Each and every one of us are nerds, some more than others, but still...all nerds. And we love it!  I'm super excited that my cousin who was visiting from D.C., Shay, has decided to join our book club (created by yours truly to encourage my younger cousins to read and write more (I make them write essays) and to master said skills). 

The youngest cousins and I are just finishing our latest book, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. The general consensus is that we enjoyed our last book, The Girl's Guide to Homelessness, a whole lot more.  

Now, our mission is to find another great book to begin. Any book suggestions for a book club where the members are 15, 19, 28, and 29 years old?  

Remember friends, as I always (never) say, a few pages a day keeps illiteracy at bay ;). 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment