Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday, Fun Day

I'm sure you would agree with me that Mondays generally suck...however, that sentiment is entirely false on those rare Mondays that happen to be holidays....like today!

Today, Memorial Day in the USA, I hope that you are all having a wonderful time enjoying the sun, your friends and family, great food, a cool beverage...and, most importantly, appreciating the freedom that all of us are so lucky to have in this beautiful country and remembering those who gave their lives to ensure that we continue to enjoy such freedoms. Regardless of your political stance on the issues of war and the nature of our country's military presence around the world in recent years (and trust me, I'm a hippie when it comes to peace on Earth), it must not go unnoticed that many of our fellow Americans have given up their lives with the sole intention of making ours better. So, to them, I say thank you!

Let us also not forget that Memorial Day marks the official start to summer vacation and summer fashion...I'm talking "wear your white pants and white shoes freely and without shame" season. Although, if you're really "ream" [as Joey from the "The Only Way is Essex" would say], you would proudly rock your white pants and white shoes year round.  For those of you who still haven't had a chance to pick up some crisp summer whites, here are some options that I'm currently loving:




Dr. Love and I are off to Boston tomorrow for a few days where Dr. Love will attend and speak at a conference while I explore the city and catch-up with friends. So, you probably won't be hearing from me until next week when I promise to have lots of pics from my Beantown trip. Until then, have a great rest of your three-day weekend and wear your whites proudly!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment