Friday, May 18, 2012

Guac in Your Locks

Every now and then, I come across a blog that I find to be so interesting and informative that I visit it again and again.  That is the case with Huda Beauty. The blog is run by Huda, an international makeup artist, who tries out tons and tons of beauty products (from convenient store to department store brands) and shares her reviews of them.

Not only is her blog a great source of information about commercial products, but she also has some great tips on how to make your own homemade beauty products, such as face/body/hair masks, face/body scrubs, puffy eye solutions, etc...

Thus far, I have only tried two of her homemade beauty products: the Shiny Hair Coffee Mask and the Vitamin & Moisture-Packed Hair Mask. As far as the coffee mask goes, I didn't really see any noticeable change in the level of shininess in my hair. I did, however LOVE that the smell of coffee filled the bathroom as I showered. My hair also had a faint scent of coffee all day long. Being a coffee lover, I quite enjoyed it, but I'm not sure how the rest of you would feel about that. Another problem I had with the coffee mask was that it took a long time to wash the coffee grinds out of my hair and off the shower door and walls. Overall, I was not too impressed.

The Vitamin & Moisture-Packed Hair Mask was a whole different story. I prefer to call it the guac mask, because all it was made up of was 2 parts avocado (about 1/2 cup) and one part mayonnaise (about 1/4 cup).

Sadly, this is the only pic that I took.

I mushed the two together, plopped the mixture all throughout my hair (note: avoid roots, or else you'll end up with major greasiness), and spread it from about two inches away from my roots all the way down to the ends of my hair with my fingers. Once I had the mask all over my hair (avoiding roots), I wrapped my hair up in a bag (a shower cap is preferable, but I didn't have one handy) and let the mask sit for thirty minutes.

Unlike the coffee mask, the guac mask washed out super easy, didn't make a mess of the shower, and left my hair feeling very soft and frizz free. It was so easy to prep, just as easy to apply and clean out, and left my hair feeling great! Oh, and it's super cheap!  Can't wait to try out another one of Huda's homemade beauty products soon.

In the meantime, I HIGHLY recommend that you try out the guac mask.  Come on friends...put some guac in your locks, some mush in your bush, some sauce in your moss, some stuff in your fluff. You won't regret it!






No comments:

Post a Comment