Monday, September 10, 2012

A B$#&h Named Cancer

Cancer sucks, friends.

We all know somebody who has been diagnosed with the disease, and, at a minimum, about somebody who has passed away from it.

Everyday, oncologists and cancer researchers work tirelessly and passionately to find cures, design targeted medicines, and save people's lives from this awful disease.

This past Friday, the Stand Up To Cancer team of doctors, scientists, philanthropists, and celebrities came together to raise money for cancer research. It was a great day!

As I mentioned in my previous post, Dr. Love is one of the members of the SUTC Dream Team and was, therefore, invited to attend the live taping of the annual telethon and post-event parties. I was his date (duh), and we had a great time. More importantly, I was beaming with pride that my hubs, the man I get to be married to, is such an integral part of such an honorable cause. I don't want to embarrass the modest hubs too much, but let it suffice to say, he is amazing and I am honored to be his lifetime lady love.


Dr. Love is also the hottest (and by my estimates, the youngest) dream team member...woot woot!!

To Dr. Love and the rest of the SUTC Dream Team and everyone else who is working so hard to eradicate this awful disease...keep on truckin' and know that I, for one, am very very proud of you!

x

UPDATE: In case you missed the SUTC telecast on Friday, below is the video of the entire program.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment