Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Week of Celebrations

Hi friends!!

My apologies for being MIA last week. While I had fully intended on writing my regular two posts per week, an unexpected extension to our 4th of July trip left me with hardly any blog-posting time.

I hope your 4th of July week was as fun as ours ended up being, and that it lasted way longer than the San Diego, CA fireworks show! Did you hear about that? Aren't modern day firework shows completely automated? Looks like someone had a bit too much to drink and hit a couple too many buttons at once :). When I read the story, I felt so bad for the families that presumably spent a good amount of time finding the "perfect" spot to view the fireworks from. They probably hauled seats, kids, and snacks to the spot and as soon as the show started, it was over. I felt disappointed on their behalf. Dr. Love assured me, however, that the 9-15 second all-fireworks-going-off-at-once show was probably the coolest firework show any of the viewers had ever seen. After seeing the pictures and video of the show, I think I may agree.

Our week of fun, family, and food got off to a great start on Tuesday evening when we headed to a friend's house for a bbq. The beef kabobs were delicious and the company was great! By late evening, my brother, Dr. Love, and I were off to another friend's house for post-dinner drinks with another great group of friends.

As if that was not enough to make  a girl happy, we spent the day of the 4th bbq-ing with my family at my aunt and uncle's house.

My cousin and me on the 4th of July.

After dinner, we headed to a friend's house for post-dinner, pre-fireworks fun. While waiting for a friend to join us, we all missed the local firework show. While I was a bit disappointed to not see any fireworks this 4th of July, the company and music at the get-together fully made up for it. 

Dr. Love and I had lunch on Thursday with my brother, another friend, and a very good friend of ours that surprised us all by coming into town for the holiday week. We were so excited to spend time with him that our lunch lingered on forever. By the end of lunch, the boys had decided that Dr. Love and I would not return home that day (as planned earlier), but rather stay to spend an extra day with my family and our visiting friend. The boys also arranged dinner plans with a big group of our friends for that evening. Having dinner with some of our best friends was my idea of the perfect summer evening and I could not help but smile from ear to ear the entire night. 

Friday was a day of work for both Dr. Love and I (he spent the day working out of the conference room at my brother's company, while I spent the morning/afternoon in a meeting with a graphic designer from my aunt and uncle's company who is helping me design my logo and letterhead for a very exciting company I'm launching later this month...more on this soon...I promise!!!). After a long day of work (and some fun with my cousins), Dr. Love and I got in our car and headed to my brother-in-law (Dr. Love's brother) and sister-in-law's house to commence my brother-in-law's bday celebrations. After sake shots at a local sushi restaurant on Friday night, and a Saturday filled with birthday activities and more friends, Sunday was a calmer family day spent at Dr. Love's parents' house, where we bbq'd, had birthday cake, looked at the boys baby pics, and watched their childhood videos. Overall, the perfect weekend, to cap off the perfect week. 

My sister-in-law and good friend, L.E.Robins, and my brother-in-law, Bro-Yo...

Bro-Yo and his cousin at Bro-Yo's birthday bar crawl on Saturday evening.

 Dr. Love relaxing at his parents' house...

Bro-Yo and L.E.Robins at Dr. Love and Bro-Yo's parents' house. 

I hope that after reading about how hectic and jam-packed of a week I had last week, you forgive me for my absence from the blog. I also hope that your pre-4th, 4th, and post-4th of July celebrations were as food, friend, and fun-filled as Dr. Love and mine were...but that you actually got to see some fireworks, and that the fireworks you saw did not all go off at the same time ;). 
Coming up later this week...two yummy stuffed mushroom recipes that are easy, healthy, and delicious!!! Until then, have a great Tuesday!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment