Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Grimy to Shiny House Cleaning Time-y

Hi friends!!

I hope that you all had a wonderful and sunny good time this past weekend.

As you know, Dr. Love and I had a few friends and family over all weekend and had a bigger group over on Saturday. We had the best time ever with our loved ones...we spent a few hours at the beach on Saturday in absolutely perfect summer weather, followed by a bbq at your place late Saturday afternoon. On Friday night, we had some of our favorite people spend the night (total head count on Friday night = 5 people, not including Dr. Love and me). On Saturday night, we had 4 additional house guests (= 9 people, not including Dr. Love and me). I loved every single minute of it and my dream of having a home in which my friends and family would visit, party in, and crash the night in has finally come true this past year!!!

When dreaming about throwing parties, having huge slumber parties, and entertaining, I naively did not consider the aftermath. :) Now, before I show you some pics of the aftermath, I want to say that, in recent years, I have become somewhat of a neat and clean freak. Therefore, these images may not even make most of my readers flinch. Needless to say, I have/will be putting my time and effort to getting our home back to it's organized clean self this week.  That includes, washing bedroom linens, cushion covers, towels, vacuuming, mopping the floors, washing dishes, cleaning out the fridge, scrubbing bathroom floors and toilets, and tidying up the place. The cleaning may sound like hell to some, but I would do it all over again next week if it meant more fun times with our loved ones. You guys are the best! Special shout-out to my bro and his best friends who couldn't make it because they were on a pre-planned camping trip, and to my cousins Sahi, Mali, and Matthew...we missed you guys tons!

Now, some pics of Dr. Love and my grimy home after the weekend of fun:









You know what, looking back at these pics, I feel pretty proud of the crew we had over...they partied like rock stars, but didn't trash the "hotel room" like rock stars would...the best combo!

I'll be returning with a new post later this week which will include post-cleanup pics and some yummy new recipes that I tried out over the weekend.

In the meantime, have a great rest of your Wednesday and "see" you soon!

x



No comments:

Post a Comment