Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

Hi Friends!

Let me start out today's post by thanking all of you who have reached out to me in response to last week's post. Thank you so much for all of your kind words, for sharing tales of your own struggles with me, and for making me feel like there are at least ten of you out there that follow this blog. :) You made what would otherwise be a shitty week, a great one. THANK YOU!!

On a completely different note, I just wanted to stop by today to wish you all a very safe and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! And I want to wish my beautiful cousin, Shay, a very happy birthday!!!

For your entertainment, here are a couple pics from last year's Halloween celebrations...
 Dr. Love + candy = bad news :)


Later today, Dr. Love and I will be prepping for all of our trick-or-treaters this year. Last year was a bust, with only three kids coming by. We attribute this to the fact that we had just moved in a couple months before Halloween 2011, so the neighborhood kids didn't know us. Nowadays, they practically live on our lawn, wave at us every time we drive by, and even stop by for a hello or a quick chat. All that taken into account, I'm feeling pretty good about this year's turnout...like at least 5 kids will come by ;).

On a related, cranky-old woman note, I feel like Halloween is lame-o for kids these days. Remember back in the day when you'd go through neighborhoods for hours and even go through people's haunted houses...in their house! Those days are long gone friends. Now, our neighborhood shopping center has trick-or-treating hours, presumably for safety purposes, so a lot of the kids go there instead of around the neighborhood. Can you say lame? I mean, we freaking live in a nice neighborhood, in a safe city. Psh...kids these days...

x

UPDATE: The first itty bitty kid that rang the doorbell was with his grandparents and looked absolutely and utterly overwhelmed by the whole process of trick-or-treating. Took one piece of candy and checked-out. Next came a set of three seemingly too-old-to-trick-or-treat girls who were very polite, and thus treated kindly despite their age. Then came a loooong period of silence...no kids...nothing. And just when I was about to hang my hat (please refer to picture above) and call it a day, the doorbell rang...and rang...and rang. Like a lot and loudly.  As soon as I got to the door, I understood why. There must have been 25 kids pushing to get to the front of the line to stick their chubby fists in my candy bowl (okay, that sounds beyond inappropriate, but it's a true story). They were pushing, shoving, and taking wayyy too many pieces each. They were like a mob of candy-addicted psychos...kind of cute, to be honest. They were pretty ridiculous, but their parents took the cake by standing back and watching their kids, while laughing and taking pics. No "don't push Charlie," or "only a few pieces, Susie." Nope, just laughter...and admiration...and flashes...weirdos :). All-in-all, it was a great night and Dr. Love and I had a good laugh over our neighborhood mob of kids. Good bunch...good bunch indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment