Thursday, November 29, 2012

My Home Office and myStorey

Hi Friends!!

I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with yummy grub and a lot of love!

Dr. Love and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving break which kicked off with three days of family time with Dr. Love's family followed by a couple days with my family and friends. All-in-all, it was a great holiday week/weekend! Only downfall is that all the activities and fun left this girl sick with, what is now, a week-long cold :(. My cold isn't that bad, but the jaw soreness and pain is a new symptom that I haven't felt before and that I can't seem to get rid of...will let you know how that's going next week ;).

So, as promised, below are some pics of our home office. A couple noteworthy facts: (1) the office is not 100% done yet, as we still have some shelves and photos to put up (hint hint, Dr. Love!),and (2) almost every single thing in the office is from Ikea...and boy are we happy we decided to go the Ikea route for the office. It was soooo much cheaper then other office furniture that I was eye-ing (i.e., Pottery Barn, Z Gallerie), the items were delivered the day after purchase, and for a couple hundred dollars more, the delivery men assembled all of the pieces for us. Totes worth it!


What was once an empty room with a purple wall, is now one of my favorite rooms in the house...there is such a calm in that room...love it!

Now, on to another recent "favorite" of mine. Have you guys heard of myStorey?!?! If you haven't, I highly recommend that you check it out...it is AWESOME! It's what I think the lovechild of a three-way between Facebook, Pinterest, and Amazon would look like. Don't worry, friends. I am well aware that it only takes two lovers to make one baby; however, this is not just any baby, it's a super baby!!! Why super? Well, you can create a profile, upload your pics from FB, then tag (wait for it....wait for it....) all of the lust worthy items you're wearing and your myStorey friends can then shop your look...and visa versa. What a freaking great idea!! And, to make things even better, myStorey doesn't just provide you with multiple sources for the item (with competitive pricing), but product reviews too. Do you see why I call it an all-in-one super baby?!?!?!?!  Check out the site and if you like what you see request an invite to join, then stop by http://tech.co/who-is-los-angeles-hottest-showcasing-startup-2012-11 to vote for myStorey for Los Angeles' Hottest Showcasing Startup.

Also, don't forget to stop by the Mint + Chase blog all this week and next week to get some great holiday gift ideas!!

Enjoy the rest of your Thursday, have a great Friday and weekend, and speak to you all next week!!

x

2 comments:

  1. LOOKS AMAZING. so so cute. good work boo! Cant wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks boo! I can't wait for you to see it either, but more importantly, I can't wait to see YOU! Safe travels. x

    ReplyDelete