Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sweet eMotion

Nope, that is not a typo in the post's title. That is sheer cleverness (or dorky-ness...take your pick) on my part.

So, as I've said before (and as my blog title suggests), I love to try new things and pray they turn out well. Today is no exception!

As some of you may know, I'm an attorney by trade but a ninja by nature...okay, okay, the second part is a complete lie...but I have considered taking ninjutsu lessons and am convinced that I could kick some butt if it ever became necessary...so i think that sort of makes me a ninja. No need to make a final decision on that one right now.

Back the first part of that rant...I've been an attorney for about a year now and love it. I know that sounds crazy (especially to my lawyer peeps who rarely use the words "love" and "attorney" in the same sentence), but it's true. I love everything about it...with one huuuuge exception. The economy is not being very kind to the types of law I am most passionate about - corporate and business transactional law. Transactional law, in the business context, basically requires me to help clients form businesses, govern their businesses, enter into business deals with third parties, hire employees, etc... What that means in a bad economy is that I basically don't have that many clients, because, simply put, not that many people are engaging in business transactions right now.

Sooooooo, let me spare you any more boring details and cut to the chase.  I love to practice law, but the law I love doesn't love me too much right now, so I've decided to try something new. Yup, I decided it was high time I got on the litigation bandwagon. After all, while a bad economy seems to discourage entrepreneurship, it seems to have a way of encouraging litigiousness. Basically, the people are going lawsuit cray cray.

And that's where I come in :). I recently started a new litigation gig and have a huuuuge new assignment. My boss asked if I'd like to try my hand at drafting my first ever demurrer and motion to strike and I was like, "heck yeah!"  So, here goes nothing!!! For the next 12 hours I will be motion drafting...

I've got my grande coffee (Starbucks for liiiiiiiife!) next to me and my thirst to learn in me. Wish me luck!!!






2 comments:

  1. I have been ninja'd by Paris and can attest to the fact that she has some in-born ninjitsu skills. Watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 <3 best blog ever and coolest person ever!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete